Kestrini Expendition No.3 , Bird watching and More!

Kestrini Expendition No.3, Watching Birds and more!
1. Expendition No.3
This Sunday the third Expendition in Kestrini took place. I found multiple new specimens here, one of which shook up my whole theory of more than two types of ammonites living in Kestrini
AMFC-0014 (Which Is Here In The Imga Above it is somewhy called AMFC-0007) and an individual from AMFC-0002 are compared above seem to belong to the same species, even though they have different sizes. This proves that the ammonites of this area are various both in genuses but also in ages.
These are all the other specimens in order: AMFC-0008 to 0012. These are not as important, since they are just the same stuff as the others. There actually was one more specimen found that day, which is AMFC-0013. This specimen is the most important of them all. Why? Well, simple: it is a shelled cephalopod, like ammonites, but it isn't an ammonoid. Based on what is preserved from it, it looks more like a nautiloid, even though nothing can be surely confirmed for now.
The mysterious fossil
It seems like every expendition reveals more and more. I can't wait for the next one.

2.Watching Birds 
Telescope picture of me looking at a seagull for no apparent reason.

So, today I went again of the "Museum of Kalamas" I've talked about in my first post. I've actually been going in there weekly since the second expendition. Today, the owner decided to show me some birds through the telescope, and all I can say is WOW. By simply watching birds through a telescope I understood so much about the life in the shores. I watched huge colonies of random bird species and genuses mixxed with eachother, creating a huge and beautiful mess. I learned a bunch of things about birds, such as the dimorphism between males and females, or even juveniles from adults, or simply just names of different species. I also learned how to tell a bird from another and more. That reminded me of 2nd and 4th grade, where I had a real interest on birds. I loved them. Sadly, I forgot them when I started digging deeper into palaeontology. But now I remembered them, and I'm glad I did. Looking at these beautiful creatures, I just realised how different they are from other groups of organisms. They have developed flight, they have developed communication, and they have really interesting colouration. I could go on for hours talking about their magnificent adaptations for each environments, but I won't, since it's like 10 and a half in the night here and I want to relax a little.

That was it. Tommorow I'm going on an all day trip with school and phones are allowed. You know what that means... I will be posting. And also, I'm going to reveal AMFC-0003. Ok, Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts